Twin Cities divorce attorney Christopher M. Banas concentrates his practice in all areas of family law, including a growing focus on the collaborative law process. Chris Banas works with clients in St. Paul, Minneapolis, and other Twin Cities suburbs.
Chris Banas has been recognized for his experience and knowledge in this area:
- Attorney Chris Banas recently appeared on a WCCO-TV special report discussing the impact of recent changes in Minnesota child support and custody laws.
- His successful practice has led to his being named a Minnesota Law & Politics Rising Star in both 2007 and 2008. According to Minnesota Law & Politics , no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in Minnesota are named to the Rising Star list. To compile the Rising Star list, Minnesota Law & Politics asks Minnesota lawyers to nominate the best attorneys who are 40 or under, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. They are instructed to nominate lawyers they have personally observed in action — whether as opposing counsel or co-counsel, or through other firsthand courtroom observation. Minnesota divorce lawyer Chris Banas was recognized for his work in the area of family law.
St. Paul, MN divorce attorney Chris Banas assists clients with a wide range of family law issues, including: divorce, child custody, spousal maintenance, property division, paternity, adoption, domestic abuse, non-traditional relationships and parenting matters , as well as appeals and cases involving interstate and international custody and support.
He also has earned a reputation for finding creative solutions to meet the needs of non-traditional families with issues such as custody, adoption, and parental rights, including grandparent's rights and third party custody and alternative custodial arrangements.
- B.A., Political Science, University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point
- J.D., Hamline University School of Law
- The Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota
- The Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Lavender Bar Association
Minnesota Law & Politics Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2007 & 2008
Recent Media Appearances:
Family Law attorney Chris Banas recently appeared on WCCO-TV in a special report about new Minnesota divorce laws:
"Divorce is emotional, custody battles are emotional. When you mix the facts with the case, when you're talking about dollars and children, it's emotional," said Banas, one of Minnesota Law & Politics ' "Rising Stars" picks of the year. Banas said for every one of his male clients that feels he got a raw deal, he works with a female client who feels cheated as well. "I've seen both sides," he said. . .The new law took effect just over a year ago in January 2007. One of the law's two major new features is that both parents' incomes are now considered to determine child support. "That in and of itself is a revolutionary change with respect to Minnesota and how they've approached child support," said Banas.
Watch the video > >